Solstice Blessings

 Blessed is he who speaks a kindness; thrice blessed is he who repeats it.


- Arabian proverb



This is an issue for me today, and everyday, as I am working towards managing anger better.

I sincerely believe that "Spreading goodwill can return to you"...basically moods are catching. Living with mom can be a trial...she is often playing the martyr.

SPARK says: "This quote can be read in a few ways, and all of them are worth thinking about. First, complimenting and encouraging others is one of the easiest and most powerful ways to be a positive force in someone's life. As long as you're sincere, repeating that encouragement as often as possible can have effects that far outweigh the effort. Countless people have exceeded their own expectations just because others believed in them."

This is true, and I found it to be so as a teacher. But sometimes, like with family, it just is not appreciated.

"Second, giving positive feedback works even better if done publicly. Take those kind words and repeat them until everyone knows the great things that this person is doing."

Also true...I will try more with L....

"Third, we've all had kindnesses bestowed on us in word and deed. In return for that favor, it's up to us to repeat that generosity for someone else's benefit."

Again, with L and the 3 I's....


I found this perfectly in timing...blessed be-ings on solstice, repeated, and then also the law of the return of 3's....


COMMENTS:
DEVIVAK
Oh, supporting others verbally and non-verbally I think may be the key to world peace- seriously! Good reminder-thanks for posting this!
Vak


WOOLANDWOODThank you for adding me as your friend, I am honored.

What you write here is so true, so true. I think it's the history involved that makes family interactions different and more difficult.

And that whole family structure where self definitions are intertwined.... changes one member of a family makes are often resisted (or completely ignored) by the others because it affects how they define themselves.

It takes a lot of courage to step away from a victim posture ... one can get so much sympathy mileage out of it, and you can duck responsibility too.

I'm so sorry your mother can't communicate honestly (I know I'm leaping here) and I can see how her victim posturing (acting the martyr) complicates your striving to manage anger.

That you are "doing the work" will eventually resonate not only in your life but those around you too.

Thank you for making the world a better place,


emoticon Gail

SHERADIATES
Thank you for popping by my page and commenting on the resolutions blog. I am going to add this to my list of things I want to do - "treat people more kindly, even when they are not as kind to you". I tend to react rather than act. I am also going to add complimenting 3 people a day.

Thank you for the reminder.

Solstice Blessings to you! May the Sun’s return bring you warmth, love and prosperity.
emoticon

ARTMISTRESS78
hmmm...i like this. i'll have to contemplate it more. i live my aunt and she can be very negative and it's hard to continue being kind, but it's so important to be so.

one of my favorite quotes (i think it's ghandi?!) - "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations