My 5% Fall Challenge Assignment -Topics 1-3

 

emoticon

TOPIC 1:

Plans: (Read everyone else's for ideas -inspirational!)
2 hours/day exercise, usually 90 min cardio, 30 min ST/yoga, generally, but if can't *minimum* 10-15 min cardio
Cardio@: a variety of: walking/hiking, running/trail running, aerobics/calisthenics dvd's & videos, jump-roping, stationary bike, helping my mom with heavy, sweat-inducing housework & gardening; will do a 5k before year's end;
@At least 3x outdoors. It's not too hot/cold!
Abs everyday as part of Strngth Trng* & Yoga/Tai Chi alternating daily: 30 min; *unless incorporated with cardio, which I find the most efficient, for longer cardios
Try out/have plan for: 1 new fun workout activity every week by Wed
Might be starting the SP 28-day boot camp

Checklist:
Have the basics; Going to post this with some of the other Topics on my sparkblog
Don't have some of the things I might add, but they will be weekly rewards -haven't decided for what, which ones, that's part of the pleasure of weekly rewards :)
Probably hula hoop, Possibly gym membership, p90x dvd, 30 day shred dvd, maybe some spinning cd's.

TOPIC 2:
Key for me is portion control, good choices, via tracking; playing a game of spark points for tracking helps me, and I like reviewing daily nutrition report, especially regarding my too low micronutrients; selenium, potassium, magnesium, folate, manganese, niacin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, riboflavin, copper, thiamin, vitamin B12, vitamin E, zinc, and iron so that my metabolism moves beyond glacial speed. ;D
Still incorporating newer & emerging research on lifelong hypothyroid issues; had cut soy, cruciferous veg pretty much out, so quit being veg a couple of years ago, after a quarter century of meat-free lifestyle, so trying to find my way for healthiest protein since I don't like most meat much, but can't soy.

Trying to focus family on healthier eating, partly by example of putting my needs for health front and center, instead of having junk food around; make (fewer) sweet treats instead of buying junk, making healthier choices.

TOPIC3:
Updating page: including some new pics, and changing text; a wip (work-in-progress)

Member Comments About This Blog Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations