Re-sparking for the week -last full week of OCT

 

I haven't been online much lately, so little tracking of food, and no exercise, so no tracking of it. (Hmm-never really thought about how when I exercise, I am motivated to record it on spark, which motivates recording food, which motivates exercising to have something to record, and on)

The weather has been kinda crappy (cool, gray, rainy) even though the leaves are peaking at their autumnal glory, I have only seen it from the yard.

Gonna go for a hike in an hour or so though, and excited about it. Stupid phone/charger cord not charging phone, and don't like to go without it, plus watching Fareed, Candy, et al on CNN etc like I do many Sundays.

Plus I don't really like my gym much. Its very cheap, but the women's room TV is set to weather radar (which I'm a superfan of normally, EXCEPT when I'm exercising on fitness machines!) My old gym, which closed, and was 5-6x more a month, had ellipticals that had a view and personal tv's with cable; the ellipticals at the new one are in the middle of everything, no view, and just a few tvs with stupid sports (NFL etc) on most of them. I also don't feel as comfortable with the other people there; somehow I felt like my big body 'flew under the radar' at the other gym, which propelled me to go daily. Here I'm barely going weekly, which has also been part of why I have to re-spark - motivation can be so precarious!
Luckily, the 5% team commitment is keeping me tethered to Spark otherwise I might have drifted away already.

Instead, in Spark article: https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e1/res
ource/wellness_articles.as
p?id=1651 (Strategies for Long-term Success -which is really about maintenance, not yet for me) reiterates this statistic:

"Journal :
Multiple studies show that people who track or journal the foods they eat lose more weight and keep it off for the long haul. In fact, the National Weight Control Registry, which tracks more than 3,000 people who have lost an average of 50 pounds and kept it off successfully for five years, has found that logging foods is one way to stay on track well after they've lost the weight. In another study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, those who used a food diary while dieting lost twice as much weight as those who didn't."

TWICE AS MUCH. Okay. Re-sparking logging. Gotta get the phone app this week. May get spark fitness logging gadget too. Heard it's on clearance as new model comes in!


Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vBBEAGAN
    I track everything I eat and it really makes a difference. I enter ahead what I plan to have for the day and then find instead of being focused on cravings, I am focused on rounding out my nutrition report! ("I need 25 more grams of carbs but no more fat and 3 more grams of protein.... hmmm, what would that look like?") Good luck resparking!

    Your gym sounds challenging... Mine has a bank of TVs on different stations, with closed captioning on. But I actually ignore them and get totally into my own music.I have play lists crafted to ensure a particular pace on the eliptical. On the occasions when I arrive without a charged-up music device, the cardio part of my gym routine is MUCH harder!
    2491 days ago
  • vno profile photoCD5745313
    Oh yes, get the Spark Activity Tracker. It's great motivation for $29.99 and my first week of thoroughly testing it has been a success. I find that it works really well both for accuracy and motivation.

    I hear you about the gym environment. We have only a few TVs on the wall with the sound set up high. The worst is the blaring new reports and "talking heads" yelling at each other. That alone increases my heart rate. I find a machine as far away as possible to block out the noise.

    Good luck and keep on tracking.
    2491 days ago
  • vTENNISJIM
    You can do it
    2491 days ago
  • vHOLIERTHANTHOU
    I log everything I eat, every single day. It makes a huge difference because it not only provides parameters that help guide every choice I make, it also keeps my head in the game day after day after day. I guess for me this is about forming good habits and the trackers get me there. Best of luck to you!
    2491 days ago
  • vBONNIEMARGAY
    You can do this!
    2491 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    Good for you for re-sparking your commitment to log. It really does help.

    Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations