Taming Sweet Tooth 21 day Challenge - journaling assignment on my cravings - pretty boring for anyon

 For the Taming Sweet Tooth 21 day Challenge, I'm required to journal: "This whole week (and for the rest of this challenge), you will keep track of your sugar cravings":

emoticon
So today: my big downfall is sugar & I was confronted with it in several ways:
-at breakfast, I 'gave in' with my daily bread I had raspberry (my fave) but instead of jam, I had a fruit spread - costs more, but better for ya. Still cheaper, & more convenient, than the fresh fruit, which I do love (love all fruit, one of my saving sweet graces). Often I've been skipping it & just have bread with butter or peanut butter.
-at lunch, I gave in & just had a half piece of a cheesey brioche bread (like a cheese danish, my fave) that someone else brought into the house, & was literally right in front of me on the table (I later moved it out of the way). Was good, & I was able to appreciate it, even with only a half serving; I don't tend to buy as many mainstream baked goods as the rest of the family does, cuz white flour is pointless imo, but not great at resisting - outta sight, outta mind often works for me
-craved ice cream while finally watching dvr'd Dr. Oz show about slow churn ice cream (he's against due to fake sweeteners (which I try to avoid, though not scrupulously, don't read label of slow churns) & various texture things, some of which aren't so bad (carageenan is a Scottish seaweed). I think I will still keep it on hand, he didn't convince me. But watching all those shots of ice cream had me craving some which I resisted via drinking water.
-dinner - had 2 servings of baby carrots as a side (18 of em) & found calories higher than I thought, like 64 or something.
-Dessert - a nightly ritual at our house, which I can't change; but went out to art hop, so resistance at home not required, but resisted cookies at multiple sites, though had wine (Pinot Grigio) because I knew I had calories available. Saw my reflection walking around, huger than anyone else, so was glad I resisted cookies. At end, had one of the girl scout chocolate-covered peanut butter pad things because I had been so good. Savored it.
-Realizing so many cravings due to thirst. Satisfying with water & herbal teas working so far.
-Had some cravings at home later as doing my hours of sparking; didn't have calories left for evening fruit
-Lastly, whoops, got interrupted & forgot what went here, but I'm tried so stopping for now.

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    keep pushing!
    1897 days ago
  • vno profile photoCD5745313
    Understanding ourselves through journaling is a big step toward success.
    Out of sight, out of mind is my best option.
    I've also discovered frozen blueberries and strawberries. Fresh is nice but I throw away so many when they go bad.
    1898 days ago
  • vJIBBIE49
    Keep going.
    1898 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations