Enjoying My re|Start (+Some Progress!)

 emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

I've just restarted focusing on my health & fitness, and, though I had been a little active with some long walks since January, I had mostly been side-lined due to illness for the last few months.

I was finally newly (re-)motivated, & inspired, to really make a commitment to restart because of some little but annoying pains I have because of my weight, plus a change of mood into a glimmer of positivity which I just grabbed and held onto, and the slow realization that I desire change, and don't have to be stuck where I am. Part of that is my thyroid issue - I felt stuck, sluggish - part of it is the season-it just seems easier in the summer, especially this year, after the intensity of the last few seasons. Timing is everything, in life, & apparently in weight loss.

I already eat a mostly plant-based diet from being a veg for decades, though I have some binging issues & portion control issues, and a sometimes (often?) insatiable sweet tooth. But I have found in the past, I cannot *really* commit & persist with dealing with those issues unless I really focus (via tracking) & constantly re-focus, by being body-aware by moving. I tend to live in my head otherwise, if you couldn't tell.

Anyway, so today, I set a goal of 30 min of walking, plus some light gardening & cleaning. After puttering around outside I went for a walk, & then the gym & ended up walking 40 min total, & even running 3 of those (doing higher-intensity intervals, because I was inspired by a CNN episode of Dr. Gupta about marathoners & exercise I just watched).

Then I went to weigh myself, & in those months of illness, wherein I had done a little walking & had gone to the gym once also (& which was the last time I weighed myself) - I had lost 5 pounds! A nice little way to re-start. Now to go log that into the weight chart....
emoticon

Update - huh, my top recent weight, is 6 pounds less than the top weight I've recorded, per sp.

Member Comments About This Blog Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations