Full Moon weekend = full of (f)phone OA meetings & now thinking about also CBT & Beck Book

I was down on myself for not going to OA meetings, especially after I had 'slipped' after having done well the first week, then binge-ing (though I reaized later that calorically the binge itself wasn't so bad, but the slip caused depression & further off-plan eating for days) than have been back on plan for about a week.

So then I went to the OA team on Spark, & 'shared' there; then something propelled me forward to at least try a phone meeting if I wasn't gonna drag myself to an in-person one; it was good, only 3 of us, but exchanged #s & texted one of them yesterday about how we were doing & our lives. I also went to a newcomer's meeting before the weekend, which was particularly productive one with sponsor phone #s.

Thinking I'd hit Sat in-person meeting, but no...car issue, etc. (Thought about dealing with car and started to, but first part took longer than I thought. Still felt very productive, getting that done.)

Over the weekend though, I did end up doing 12 meetings. Some were boring, some I took copious notes, some I marched in place to get some steps in my step meetings emoticon

I attended several Newcomer meetings, which helped me understand the 'tools'; also the HOW 2 hour meeting & a few 100 pounders, and a couple of alternative spirituality (not so over the top with the judeo-xian stuff).

Was very inspired to jump into my own spirituality more deeply than I sometimes live it, but a few things about OA seem simplistic - the mind not being trustworthy, the rigidity (which I very different than how I tend to live in everything, including food). I had also read (on spark recently?) that dbt was useful in retraining the brain/mind in weight loss, & had planned on doing some diy dbt (I witnessed someone with serious mental issues-borderline personality disorder) & ran across someone's first steps with Beck & the Beck team here seemed supportive, so I may augment/meld the two, somehow, while following both? emoticon

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vMOLUX252627
    Good luck on your journey. SP is a wonderful place for support and encouragement. emoticon
    1519 days ago
  • vDEBIGENE
    Hoping to have you join our little group of women. You'll get lots of support and motivation from us and we look forward to getting to know you.

    Best of luck as you take this renewed path to living healthier, one small step at a time. emoticon emoticon emoticon
    1524 days ago
  • vROBEC4175
    Look forward to hearing more about your journey. emoticon
    1525 days ago
  • vno profile photoCD4994568
    Wow! You certainly have gotten back in a big way! Keep sparking!
    1525 days ago
  • vKRISZTA11
    Welcome to the BDS Team!
    I recommend the pink Beck Diet Solution book, it takes time and energy to work the problem but so heloful!
    emoticon
    1525 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    HUGS and take care of you.
    1525 days ago
  • vno profile photoCD5745313
    I'm not a Beck team member, but I follow them through the posts and blogs of members.
    It has made a difference for so many that I can recommend it.
    1525 days ago
  • vPRAIRIECROCUS
    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
    1525 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations