Happy October...go get em, goal getters! Was reviewing a few 'sayings'... I'm a whole grain / wheat gal, but found this apropos: "The whiter the bread-the sooner you're dead!" Moved to blog now because of this key-for-me pithy aphorism: I'm making "If you bite it-write it" my theme for the rest of the year, esp. for Oct. Last thought (anyone have any great sayings?) around sweets & salty junk: It's okay to have a little bit, otherwise 'deprivation mind' sets in; I don't do well in that mindset, and binge.The key-to me-is balance and especially the phrase 'a little bit' Freezing sweets, even healthy ones, I make is a great idea...even pre-portion up then freeze portions, so whole thing isn't front and center again; love me some 'pumpkin spice and everything nice'! Let's all have a great October! Member Comments About This Blo...
The last of the tech 'difficulty' days...not all due to lack of power, like Friday, but for 1 reason or another...difficult to post in a timely manner. So, this one's only the next day. It was a pretty mellow day...woke up early (last few I have! which is NOT typical) & started with the 'talking heads' of Sunday, and got in some extras, and had coffee and a decadent cheese danish that I picked up the day before; a fave 'treat' breakfast, I haven't had one in AWHILE. But it was a limited treat, only 3 servings for 3 people. Then did some cleaning of shelf-stable previous shopping trips, planted some tomato starts, got dinner together (mostly an easy set of reheats, plus cleaning salad of mesclun and watercress, avocado and tomato), then Sunday night PBS Masterpiece stuff...watched something about Queen Anne, then started on Beechham House but got interupted, then went back to an old 'Call the Midwife' (hadn't watched the last 4, now last...
January's almost done, and I usually suck at endings, partly because I often let things dwindle down, due to lack of persistence. I've never really thought about working on / focusing on them, but that might be a missing piece of my 'mental game' in both this pursuit of health and fitness, and also in other things in my life. I'm always about the new part of cycles, but the opposite side is letting things finish and be finished, because endings come anyway. Preparing for and honoring the process of a good strong ending may make more of them and make them better.Time has passed; are the results where I want (and need, for my health) to be? So far so good: I met my Jan goal of 10 pounds down (probably because I started consistently taking a higher dose of my thyroid, but any reason is good, lol) BUT this week I started stepping on the scale and was up. (serves me right for not following my plan!) Even if I do end up a little up on this weekend's 'official...
Comments
Post a Comment