The last of the tech 'difficulty' days...not all due to lack of power, like Friday, but for 1 reason or another...difficult to post in a timely manner. So, this one's only the next day. It was a pretty mellow day...woke up early (last few I have! which is NOT typical) & started with the 'talking heads' of Sunday, and got in some extras, and had coffee and a decadent cheese danish that I picked up the day before; a fave 'treat' breakfast, I haven't had one in AWHILE. But it was a limited treat, only 3 servings for 3 people. Then did some cleaning of shelf-stable previous shopping trips, planted some tomato starts, got dinner together (mostly an easy set of reheats, plus cleaning salad of mesclun and watercress, avocado and tomato), then Sunday night PBS Masterpiece stuff...watched something about Queen Anne, then started on Beechham House but got interupted, then went back to an old 'Call the Midwife' (hadn't watched the last 4, now last...
Happy October...go get em, goal getters! Was reviewing a few 'sayings'... I'm a whole grain / wheat gal, but found this apropos: "The whiter the bread-the sooner you're dead!" Moved to blog now because of this key-for-me pithy aphorism: I'm making "If you bite it-write it" my theme for the rest of the year, esp. for Oct. Last thought (anyone have any great sayings?) around sweets & salty junk: It's okay to have a little bit, otherwise 'deprivation mind' sets in; I don't do well in that mindset, and binge.The key-to me-is balance and especially the phrase 'a little bit' Freezing sweets, even healthy ones, I make is a great idea...even pre-portion up then freeze portions, so whole thing isn't front and center again; love me some 'pumpkin spice and everything nice'! Let's all have a great October! Member Comments About This Blo...
Multiple different days of problems posting here... Friday, was about to go down & watch Maddow but recorded it because our local channel's weather guy was doing a filibuster (his young assistant *did* get on to spell him for a bit) because there were massive wind & lightning in a fast moving storm, then BOOM, power went out. We *rarely* lose power as we are on the trunk line and main street for the 'come-lately' (newer) richest multi-million dollar homes in the county, just 'blocks' (kinda rural) away. Between us and them is the trailhead to access the water storage wetland, reservoir and forest hiking trails (where everyone hikes, including me, for decades when I've been in this state, though less so with SO MANY now having a stay-at-home schedule, so it's way more busy then it used to be). Anyway...boom, Turns out a neighbor's tree went down & blocked both lanes & took out the electric line. Luckily, I'm a canldle burner (I'v...
Comments
Post a Comment