Day 5: 100 Day Blogging Challenge: Ending stronger

 

January's almost done, and I usually suck at endings, partly because I often let things dwindle down, due to lack of persistence. I've never really thought about working on / focusing on them, but that might be a missing piece of my 'mental game' in both this pursuit of health and fitness, and also in other things in my life.

I'm always about the new part of cycles, but the opposite side is letting things finish and be finished, because endings come anyway. Preparing for and honoring the process of a good strong ending may make more of them and make them better.Time has passed; are the results where I want (and need, for my health) to be? So far so good: I met my Jan goal of 10 pounds down (probably because I started consistently taking a higher dose of my thyroid, but any reason is good, lol) BUT this week I started stepping on the scale and was up. (serves me right for not following my plan!) Even if I do end up a little up on this weekend's 'official' weekend, I'm literally stronger having restarted my fitness program, and figuratively stronger, realizing how much of it is a mental game. For me: endings are the new beginnings, from now on.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Took it easier today on working out after yesterday's 2 hours; both the amount (70 min) and the intensity, though I did do strength training with my newish 8 pound dumbbells I gifted myself over the holidaze. Still haven't restarted my yoga practice, but hope to fit it in this weekend. Had impeachment trial on for most of day in background(I work at home) but if was slow, and seemed entrenched, so I switched to some HGTV too on and off, lol. On track for water (very late but still done; was tracking food immediately, and staying under calorie limit.

3 Small Victories:
-made progress on daybed area
-over 300 sparkpoints for day (multiple challenges; helps your teams too, plus several lucky spins)
-took inspiration from various spark'rs (thanks!)

3 Blessings:
-Inspiring spark people
-no sugar cravings after dinner (was able to think about dessert when I realized I had the calories available but just opted now)
-Dr's appt. (screening) tomorrow

3 Goals for Tomorrow
-More progress on daybed area
-Make rewards list
-try 5 min hula-hooping (I suck! at it, but would love to get better)

Reward tomorrow: go shopping for something fun

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vBECCACOZZIE
    emoticon
    563 days ago
  • vLIFECHANGZ
    emoticon wtg! all sounds like good progress :)
    563 days ago
  • vKPHEALTHY4LIFE
    If month goals are hard how about week goals. Keep going
    563 days ago
  • vF8CONE8
    You are doing great! 5 days in for 100 day challenge. I am impressed.
    563 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    Great job!
    563 days ago
  • vIAMBLESSED103
    emoticon Congratulations on your 10 lb loss! emoticon I love how you list your victories, blessings and goals! emoticon emoticon
    563 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations