Saying for October, a new 'Day 1': If you bite it, write it"

 Happy October...go get em, goal getters!

Was reviewing a few 'sayings'...
I'm a whole grain / wheat gal, but found this apropos: "The whiter the bread-the sooner you're dead!"
Moved to blog now because of this key-for-me pithy aphorism:
I'm making
"If you bite it-write it"
my theme for the rest of the year, esp. for Oct.

Last thought (anyone have any great sayings?) around sweets & salty junk:
It's okay to have a little bit, otherwise 'deprivation mind' sets in; I don't do well in that mindset, and binge.The key-to me-is balance and especially the phrase 'a little bit' Freezing sweets, even healthy ones, I make is a great idea...even pre-portion up then freeze portions, so whole thing isn't front and center again; love me some 'pumpkin spice and everything nice'!

Let's all have a great October!
emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vJULIJULINN
    emoticon
    270 days ago
  • vKPHEALTHY4LIFE
    When I'm out with others I remind myself "Fun not Food"- it helps me to focus on what I'm doing and to make healthier food choices.
    315 days ago
  • vROBEC4175
    Great blog, SparkNBI I'm going to share the whiter bread, sooner dead with family tonight. I had an everything bagel with cream cheese tomato and cucumber for breakfast this morning. It's my absolute favorite and I consider it an indulgence - because of the bread - so eat it like a treat every once in awhile. Playing pickleball this morning for a couple of hours so that helps ease the guilt.

    Some of my favorites are shared here. Not related to the food but at 60 "move it or lose it" is on my mind.

    Have a great day. emoticon
    317 days ago
  • vMILPAM3
    I've heard of the sayings mentioned here, but no others came to mind. emoticon
    317 days ago
  • vMSMOSTIMPROVED
    A moment on the lips, forever on the hips- It's forever ingrained in my brain because of my mother. I have gotten really good at tracking. I use my phone, keep stick notes in the drawer in my kitchen with lots of pens because I am forever leaving my phone somewhere, and I desperately try to track before I eat. If I can't I take a pic so I don't forget stuff. I am now working on pre-tracking. That's next level.

    We are going to have a phenomenal October!!!! emoticon emoticon emoticon
    318 days ago
  • v79PODGIRL
    "Food determines the size of your body, Exercise determines the shape of your body" is one of my favorites.
    318 days ago
  • vLORI-K
    Another super blog! I like “what you eat in private, you wear in public”. Also, “You can’t out exercise a bad diet”. Wishing you a great October. You sound fired up and it’s infectious. πŸ”₯
    318 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    If I drink it, ink it.
    318 days ago
  • vVHAYES04
    I’m doing Keto so no bread for me unless I make it!
    319 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations