Baby You're a Firework! Also...fav exercise?

 


In my 5% group, the q of the day was: fav exercise? My answer was Hiking edges out all others; luckily there's a trailhead, 4 houses down, but I don't do it much when it's too cold or esp. when icy (both now).

I also do some low impact aerobics, also stationary bikes (sometimes road bikes, but I've had several broken bones and haven't done it in years, though it was my main form of transport at one point, and occasionally did a commute of 15 miles each way). In normal times, I more recently used to like the elliptical when I had access to one at a gym, also ran on the treadmill, and have done my shinsplints worth of road running; also trampolines, dancing, weights and yoga; I also used to own a house with a pool and swam hundreds of laps a day most days for a few years (didn't really help with loss of weight, but I didn't gain much then, which was a victory.) WAY back I was on the track team (slow, mid-distance) and a figure skater, gymnast, and ballerina.

What's your fav

Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vMSMOSTIMPROVED
    I am a Dancing Queen. I run to lose weight but I love to shake a tail feather. emoticon
    206 days ago
  • vROBEC4175
    emoticon at 60 years I got a personal trainer to help with strength training and she had me jump rope. I could hardly do it. After a few weeks, I got up to 50 3x a day. My new jump rope that counts calories should be on my doorstop when I get home.

    And, of course, pickleball. Love to be in the pool but I don't get to do that as much as I like.
    206 days ago
  • vMILPAM3
    Good for you, being so active in so many ways!
    emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
    206 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    Walking and hiking are my Cardio favorites. I like biking, too, in the more hospitable weather.
    206 days ago
  • vno profile photoCD15936081
    I have two and I am SO glad I added one of them to my routine to prevent boredom and add some variety: I do Leslie Sansone walking aerobics, some with weights, and stationary bike--safe from COVID in my apartment and unaffected by weather.
    207 days ago
  • vLORI-K
    Hiking is great exercise with the added benefit of great scenery (usually?) and fresh air.
    You have a great catalog of past favorites. Active and well rounded!
    Running used to be my absolute favorite, but things have changed since I have had a bad couple of years with injuries. I still love it, but now I also love road biking, hiking and walking.
    I sure do love rowing too, but alas, no gym for me yet.


    207 days ago
  • vRODILLA68
    Great!
    207 days ago
  • v6PACKKKK
    πŸ‘
    207 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations