Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations

30 days hath...November....so it's time to write out my:

December 2021 SMART -er Goals Plan

Tomorrow is Wed., Dec. 1, day 1 of a new month (+ a new moonth cycle begins Sat. Dec. 4: New Moon in Sag...more on that in another blog post)

When thinking about my goals recently, I had several things I noted that I wanted to include in my goals list, though key was weight loss, after being shocked at the Dr.'s office last week (the rest are the 7 self-improvement goals at the bottom):
    -KEY goal: weight loss,⚖πŸ˜πŸ™†πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜» of course (ideal would be 10 pounds down, then 100 in 2022, then the rest in 2023). Unfortunately,😒😭😿 I won't be able to hit my original goal of 200 down by doing 10 pounds a month by my 60th in early Feb., 2023, but that's okay,😨😒😟, I guess,😧😦😣😬 or so I am trying to tell myselfπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΈπŸ˜πŸ˜±πŸ˜³πŸ‘…...it would have been great to do soπŸ˜”πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘... but I messed that up with my re-gain in this 2nd year of the pandemic (...PANDEMIC) after a strong loss at first,πŸ˜‡ and then a slow-down, πŸ˜•, then...the regainπŸ’£.
πŸ‘€Anyway: new🎁 goals:
     By my 60th bday: 125 down by then...it's conceivably do-able, if perfect loss of 10 pounds a month (kinda difficult, because of my thyroid condition):
10 this year, (this last month of the year), 
then 100 next year
10 in Jan'23..I'd be down just over 122 by my bday. 
I could probably push it to an extra 3, so 125 down by 60, then 75 more the following year. 
Okay, sigh,πŸ˜–πŸ˜—πŸ˜šπŸ˜žπŸ˜… still making my peace☮πŸ•Š☮ with the realization of my lengthened time plan. 

Anyway...  10 pounds down is the overall goal for the weight loss (about 2.5 lbs/week) for Dec. '21...which WILL be both easier and yet more difficult...easier because it's the start, and more difficult because it's the season of the holidaze...🌲❆☃❄⛄❅🌨⛇πŸŽ…πŸ€Ά(the last one=mother Christmas! tho not shown)

So how will I do this, the tried and tested...SMART(er) goal principles...
    Specific
    Measurable
    Attainable/Achievable/Actionable
    Relevant/Realistic
    Time-based/Timely....then: 
        evaluation of (efforts &...)
        results

So...overall SMART -er goal is: lose weight, 10 pounds in December (2.5 pounds/week)

Daily goals / Steps to attain overall goal of 10 pounds released in Dec'21:
    -8 cups water daily; 1 before breakfast, 5 more before dinner
    -track calories -1200-1800 calories best; avg target: 1500
    -workout daily, minimum 10 min.; >=2 hours daily: 5 days/week; alt=10k steps
    -yoga daily, best in mornings, 5-20 min, 7 times/week
    -thyroid Rx daily
    -make dinner 3 x week

Others December daily goals, to support overall self-improvement:
-clean, minimum an hour (mostly basement)
-code, minimum an hour (learn at least 1 new thing)
-write/journal/bujo, minimum an hour
-art/needlework, minimum 15 min.
-visualize, minimum 15 min.
-dental + mental health, including visualization of results, minimum 5 min.
-spiritual health, including gratitude practice, minimum 5 min.

I'll be checking in with both my accountability group and buddy, and will calendar all of this and do various visualization techniques including a vision board for the New Moon (including my 13 reasons for losing weight post yesterday).

In terms of visualization:
https://www.betterup.com/blog/visualization suggests that there are 5 keys to visualizing...this blog covered #3 (the daily steps)
#1: Writing a vision statement, using the 5 senses, about the goal...that will be my post tomorrow; then make it into a card on a statement
#2: Feeling the feeling of success of achieving goal
#4: Expand knowledge**; also other visualization techniques*, to update vision statement; both process and outcome visualizations
#5: Active visualization during AM/upon waking & PM/before going to sleep
*other techniques: 
  • vision board; 
  • guided visualization meditation; 
  • each goal gets an index card (or it could be bujo spread)...read each one daily (best at night);
  • picture and describe with as much detail as possible (5 senses);
  • use 'exposure' 
  • pray/meditate/do a spell/rite...I added this!
**Expand knowledge...some blog posts (from the above site, but with my takes on the titles) to explore:




A Few Other Resources
& more coming soon, especially from the dear, departed SparkPeople.

Have a great December!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings