#myLossIsMyGain: Down 4.4 lbs; First Weigh-in of winter2018 5% Challenge

#myLossIsMyGain that I copied from the spark 'feed' that I posted the other day; meant to blog it to document: 4.4 pound loss! Achieved after first week of winter 5% challenge, this past Saturday's weigh-in still has me feeling motivated.
emoticon emoticon
My strategies: Ramped up exercise to 120 min/daily. Did a lot of snow shoveling, some treadmill walks (ran a little on the treadmill), dance, tai chi & yoga spark vids, PLUS food tracking, several low days PLUS 8 h20s
emoticon emoticon emoticon
Down that much partly because I'm heavy, in mid 300's; folks on my team in onederland, and 200's mostly lost 1-2.5 lbs. Still.. it took effort. As a %, they may have had more success, but I am still feeling quite happy about it.
emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon
I was hoping for a strong start, to keep me motivated. I could tell, as weigh-in approached that I have lost a little weight on my belly area, was hoping twas real....HAPPY! #feelingAccomplished emoticon #mustFindNonFoodRewards emoticon

Update: Bought myself a yoga mat and also a very soft bedside carpet, that I had been wanting as rewards. Is shopping the new snacking?


Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • vno profile photoCD4994568
    Fabo! Great start to the year!
    1307 days ago
  • vALEXTHEHUN
    Off to a good beginning. Well done!
    1307 days ago
  • vGO_GAL_GROW
    emoticon emoticon Congratulations, 4.4 shed, Wow!
    1307 days ago
  • vno profile photoHOTPINKCAMARO49
    Awesome! Way to go!
    1307 days ago
  • vKPHEALTHY4LIFE
    Don’t compare to others- do your best. You are worth it
    1307 days ago
  • vJEANKNEE
    Congratulations on your strong start. Some weeks are better than others. Don't get discouraged if the weight loss slows. Consistency and persistence will reap huge rewards. emoticon
    1307 days ago
  • v1CRAZYDOG
    great job!
    1307 days ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogday 13(-5)_100days: 'How're you getting groceries?' (& some bi*ching & whining)

Solstice Blessings

Dec. '21 SMART -er Goals Plan & Visualizations